Of course no one has the perfect figure. It is said that women should
have a tall and hour glass figure with an oval face. Men perfectly
found, should be tall with broad shoulders and chest tapering down to a
medium waist and hips, with an oval face.
Only 2% of the population are actually ideals. The rest of us 98% have
to deal with what we have. We can strive to achieve perfection according
to what we wear.
If you are have short legs with a long torso the best way to appear taller than you are is by dressing it right.
What Men Need To Know:
Sri Lankan men who are considered short would range from 5’4.5 to
5’6. Luckily it is always easier to shorten your pants to the right fit,
a problem not easily solved by taller men. It is impressive to dress
the right fit. Ill-fitting garments suggest sloppiness and laziness,
even if you aren’t. What you want is for the hemline to graze your
· To help elongate a shorter torso wear your shirts untucked.
· Wear all the garments from the same colour family as this creates a fluid elongating line.
· Wear shirts with small prints and patterns with large windowpane checks.
· Striped shirts with one to three-quarters of an inch.
· Buy ties that are narrow or midsize rather than broad.
· Select narrower waistbands and belts.
· Short hairstyles
· Hats and dress shoes with a slight heel.
(Text compiled by Piyumi Buddhakorala) :
Under the curtesy of Dailymirror news paper